Medical Weight Loss in Oahu, HI
Medical weight loss programs provide an alternative to traditional at-home weight loss methods, offering sustainable, long-term weight loss through proven strategies like behavioral, nutritional and exercise guidance and counseling.
Island Health Weight & Wellness Center is the premier medical weight loss center on Oahu. Our medical weight loss programs are led by highly experienced board certified physicians who have been helping people lose weight and achieve healthier lifestyles for more than 20 years.
We offer a collection of medical weight loss programs, including:
- The OPTIFAST Program: This is a full-meal replacement medical weight loss program that substitutes each of your meals with nutritionally complete shakes, meal bars or soups. This helps to control portion size and reduce calories while maximizing nutritional benefits.
- The Quick Start Program: This medical weight loss program uses the OPTIFAST meal replacements, but instead of substituting your entire diet with the meal bars, shakes and soups, your diet may also include frozen meals, protein bars and other items from different sources.
- The Traditional Weight Loss Program: This medical weight loss plan combines traditional diet and exercise with ongoing support, medical supervision and other medical strategies as necessary to encourage lasting weight loss.
- Jump Start Program: This is our “fee for service” medical weight loss program, providing affordable medical weight loss care to those who do not have insurance coverage for our other programs.
At Island Health Weight & Wellness Center, we understand that every person is different, and there are certain aspects of your lifestyle that may interfere with your weight loss efforts. For that reason, each of these programs can be customized to meet your lifestyle needs.
In every one of our weight loss programs, you can expect:
- Medical support and supervision
- Nutritional counseling
- Personal training and exercise guidance
- Behavioral and lifestyle counseling
- Ongoing maintenance support
Losing Weight on Oahu, Hawaii
Oahu is a diverse and beautiful Island. It is home to the largest cities in Hawaii as well as the national memorial at Pearl Harbor. The island is home to lush hiking trails and serene beaches. Wherever you are on Oahu there is always plenty to do outside.
However, many people find it difficult to take advantage of these natural resources thanks to their struggle with obesity. Being overweight can impair your health and make it difficult or uncomfortable to move around.
Obesity increases your risk for serious health conditions, including:
- Type 2 diabetes
- Heart disease
- Sleep apnea
By losing weight on Oahu you can begin enjoying all there is to do and see on the Island. Our medical weight loss programs are designed to accommodate to your lifestyle, helping you to improve your health and lose weight while enjoying your daily life surrounded by beach and water.